Love Letters - Say The Magic Words With A Love Letter
Love letters - they make self expression damn easy. Thank God for the gift of writing.
Short of words?
Write a love letter. It is the escape route for guys who are in love but are too scared to tell Miss Perfect how they feel.
| || |
But why would a guy be scared of expressing his love for the girl he loves?
The simple reason is fear of rejection. A man hates to be rejected by a woman. It hurts his pride.
Approaching a girl and telling her you love her is actually taking a risk.
Well, it could go either way. She may be excited and fall for you. Or she may be disgusted that you dare to talk to her.
Some girls will reject you politely. Others will reject you rudely. Some others will even attempt to humiliate you and treat you like dirt.
It all depends on the girl you're dealing with, her mood at the time you approach her, and your manner of approach.
But however the rejection comes, no man enjoys it. Some men dread rejection so much that they choke when they attempt to tell a girl how much they love her.
| || |
Love letters provide a perfect escape route.
But be careful when writing one. Love letters, as with everything else written, is difficult to withdraw or erase. If it's poorly written, you destroy your chance even before you have it.
Follow these simple rules when writing love letters.
Tips For Effective Love Letters
1. Keep it simple and straight to the point
2. Avoid high sounding and superfluous words
3. Be direct
4. Be positive. Say "I love you and I want us to be permanent friends" not "I like you and I will hate to lose you".
5. Compliment her. She has a lovely voice. She's smart and intelligent.
6. Keep it real. Emphasize her positives but don't say what she's not
7. Tell her you expect feedback. You want her to make a decision and to tell you what that decision is
8. Keep it short and sweet. Don't get too wordy. An excessively long love letter can get boring. Besides, when it gets too long, you may lose focus along the way and begin to sound childish.
| || |
9. Do not send the letter immediately you finish writing it. Keep it aside for a few days. Then come back to check for errors, omissions, poor spellings, naturalness, conversational style, good flow (cohesiveness), grammar and anything else a well-written letter is made of.
10. Be wary of jokes in your letters. You don't know her orientation yet. So don't blow this chance with a queer joke. What's funny with one person may be awkward and silly with another.
11. One last thing. Keep it real. Let your letter reflect who you are. Don't pretend. Be yourself.
Love letters can be useful introduction to a healthy discussion. They can mark the beginning of a wonderful relationship.
But remember, they are only an introduction. It is simply a letter of intent.
After the woman you love gets the letter, what you do thereafter can reinforce the positive impact your letter has established or blow up everything.
Be yourself. Don't fake love. Don't fake affection. Be real and down-to-earth. Don't try to be someone you're not just so you can impress her.
It's important that she knows you for who you are and then love you as you are.
It's okay to make changes to accommodate your new love in your life. That is a sign of consideration and self-sacrifice. But don't concede to something you cannot sustain or something you may later regret.
Love is sweetest when both parties involved are honest and true to each other.
Short of words? Shy?
Use the power of the written word. Use the power of love letters. Write your sweet heart a compelling message. It may just be the key that unlocks her heart to you.
Back To Home Page From Love Letters
Subscribe to the True Love Advisor newsletter for latest tips and advice